Sunday, June 26, 2011

Last but not least.... Hollywood Studios

Okay, today is going to be all about my second favorite park, Hollywood Studios, aka MGM Studios (before it was changed over.) When you walk into H.S. it feels as if you've been transported back to Hollywood during the 1950s, you basically drown in the nostaglia.

The rides here are amazing. From the super creepy Tower of Terror to Aerosmith's Rockin Rollercoaster, there's a little bit for everybody. This would be the park with the most "thrill" rides, and I do hate to do the Tower of Terror ( I hate the dropping in my stomach), but I can't come home unless I do it! Does that make any sense at all? Lights, Camera, Action is a fast paced stunt show, Raiders of the Lost Ark lets you get up close and personal with Indiana Jones, and Star Tours lets you fly into space....


Oh, and you can't forget the Great Movie Ride, which lets you take a stroll through all the best movies ever made. But, my favorite part about H.S. is the street performances. All of a sudden, you'll see a group of characters set up along the street and start their skit. Normally, you will have to participate in the skit, but these are random and you're never sure what they'll make you do!!!


Here are a few places you have to eat when you visit Hollywood Studios:

Pizza Planet- Yes, the one from Toy Story
and
50's Prime Time Diner- Where everyone is treated like family, and if you don't mind your manners, you have to stand in the corner!!! I'll tell more stories from that particular place tomorrow.... C-ya then!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    Did yall visit the Disney Channel Rocks parade and performance? If you did you know that main singer Jordan Squires is from Mobile. He danced at Melinda Leigh PAC and graduated from MGM High School. He sang with the Mobile College Choir and with Pathway Temple too. I don't know if you saw him perform but he is really entertaining. I watched him grow up and he has always been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, we're not going for about 3 more weeks, but yes I do know Jordan. We actually both graduated in 2003. Jordan and I constantly talked about Disney!!! He's amazingly talented and I keep up with him on Facebook! I can't wait to see him do his thing, since I haven't seen him do it since high school....

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is all over youtube. You should watch a few it's very cool. My daughters used to dance at Melinda Leigh's along time ago before they changed dance schools. Lauren graduated from MGM in 2007. I doubt you know her since she is younger? Hope you have fun when you do go and tell him Suzanne said Hello and shake that thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megs,

    I fel for you going on The Tower of Terror. The last time I went ot Hollywood Studios my family talked me into going on it with them. I really did not want to go on it and tried to do everything I could to get out of it, but I was pretty much stuck, there was no way ro back out. So, I ended up going on it and had a great time. In fact, I think I liked it more than almost anyone in my family, excluding my brother and dad.

    ReplyDelete